Cape of Good Hope

Ref: G3736
  • £80.00

1895 2d envelope to England cancelled by a fine NORTH END JU 10 95 duplex canceller with a barred ‘76’ numeral. North End post office in 1895 was located at the Port Elizabeth Railway Station and was originally called North End Station. Frescura states that the name was abridged to North End in 1903, but this cover clearly proves that by 1895 the name had changed. A very good strike of this proving canceller.