1914 Cape of Good Hope ½d newspaper wrapper to Ladybrand cancelled by a fine strike of the very scarce MODDERPOORT JY 2 14 datestamp. Was a small Anglican Missionary Brotherhood settlement in the Eastern Free State near the Basutoland border. The property was situated within the so-called ‘Conquered Territory’ lost by the BaSotho through conquest in the years 1843-1869. The Anglican Missionary Brotherhood, the Brotherhood of St Augustine of Hippo, was established by Bishop Edward Twells in the late 1860s, initially in a cave converted as church and dwelling. A very uncommon cancel from this settlement.