Palestine

Ref: G3383
  • £30.00

1918 picture post card, printed in German and Hebrew of Sarona (near Tel Aviv) to Derby with a fine FIELD POST OFFICE ‘A’ 17 JA 18 cancel. This Field Post Office was stationed at Jaffa at that time. Sarona was a German Templar colony built in 1871. It was one of the earliest modern villages established by Europeans in Ottoman Palestine.